The following information & guidance is provided to allow campers and glampers to stay safe whilst visiting Swallowtails. We are grateful of your cooperation.
- At present there will be no children’s activities or pizza nights available.
- Whilst Swallowtails will provide hand sanitiser for communal areas each family is required to bring their own sanitiser for their stay.
- An open air washing up area will be provided. All campers/glampers are required to bring their own washing up bowl.
- A freezer will be made available for guests to use. We would ask that wash freezer blocks are washed in soap and water before placing them in the freezer and guests to sanitise hands before placing these in the freezer. Please do not place the freezer blocks in a bag as this will not be as hygienic.
- Wood and kindling will be available to buy in the wood store or reception area. Cash can be used but will this have to be exact money only and placed in the honesty box within the reception area. No change will be made available.. In addition, glampers will have a starter pack of wood and kindling upon arrival.
- The reception/supply shack will be available for access to the freezers, wood supply, firelighters and kindling will be available. We can take contactless payments for supplies when onsite.
- Refuse disposal and recycling – Large refuse bins are available on site and guests are asked to hand sanitise before using these bins. Recycling boxes will be provided this year and there will be a large recycling bin to put your recyclables in.
- There is a communal fire at 'Swallowtails by the Sea' and this will be lit at dusk each day. However, social distancing will be required.
- Please endeavor to wear face masks when using internal common areas e.g. shared toilet facilities.
- Children under 11 years old should be supervised at all times when using internal common areas e.g. washing up area/shared toilet facilities/supply shack/reception/use and external stand pipe.
- Will have a designated toilet/portable toilets (similar to portaloos) for their sole use at Swallowtails Retreat (not Swallowtails by the Sea).
- Will not have access to the shared shower facility. We are advising guests to purchase a solar shower for around £20
- There will be no means on site for charging devices and guests will be required to find alternative means of charging mobile phones etc.
- Will have a designated toilet which will be clearly indicated with a sign.
- Will have their own shower at Swallowtails Retreat – at 'Swallowtails by the Sea' due to the limited number of showers on site use of the showers for glampers will be staggered and each yurt will be able to use a shower.
We appreciate your cooperation in these exceptional times, and we have made every effort to make your stay as safe as possible. However, if these COVID 19 measures are not acceptable to you, we are happy to postpone or refund your booking.
Checklist of things to bring:
- x2 Washing up bowls
- Hand sanitiser
- Face Masks
- Print out of this information sheet